Lodge Based Adventures
Imagine a weekend or even a week without ever turning on your car. With meals, accommodation and a wide variety of activities available on-site it’s definitely an option while staying at Strathcona Park Lodge.
During the summer months we offer an extensive array of organized and guided programs on land and water. They vary from an afternoon of rock climbing to a week long summer camp with your family. We’ve been running Intergenerational, Elderhostel-style, programs longer than anyone. Plus you can customize a week just how you want it, including a private guide to show you around.
Some packages include meals and accommodation, other programs are more informal. Browse through some of the options, we’re sure you’ll find something that suits your needs, and give us a call if you have any questions.
What is Adventure Unlimited?
This package is all about choice. With a personal guide leading the way you get to create your dream itinerary. Try something new, hone a skill, learn a new technique. Go for a hike, sea kayak or canoe. Camp overnight or base out of the lodge. Pack your day with activities or take it easy. It’s entirely up to you.
Adventure Unlimited is ideal for families, couples and small groups looking for a lodge based adventure vacation for a fixed price. Hotel-room style accommodation, choice of Chef’s table or a la carte meals, choice of guided adventures with unlimited flexibility and all required equipment are included. Packages are either 4 days/3 nights to 7 days/6 nights. Upgrades to Cottage accommodation is available and some transportation fees may apply. Scroll down to see rates.
What you can do
The list of activities is exhilarating:
- Get vertical rock climbing, on the high ropes course or zip lining
- Stroke across the lake in a sea kayak or canoe
- Navigate whitewater in a kayak or canoe
- Explore the wilderness of Strathcona Provincial Park on a day hike, backpack trip
- Climb to the summit of a mountain
- Learn survival skills, orienteering, geography and natural history
- Hike to waterfalls, lakes, a bog or interpretive trails
- Travel further afield and try tours operated by our friends to experience the west coast, whales and scenic overflights (additional fees apply)
- Feel better with a massage or yoga class (additional fee may apply)
|4 Days/3 Nights||7 Days/6 Nights|
Sample Schedule (4 Day option)
|Day 1||Day 2||Day 3||Day 4|
|Morning||High Ropes & Zip Line||Rock Climbing||Kayaking|
|Afternoon||Meet Leader and discuss
|Hike to Lookout||Kayak Strokes||Lunch & Depature|
|Evening||Adventure Games||Swimming & Sauna||Orienteering|
Don’t know where to start? Give us a call and we’ll help you set up your custom adventure vacation, call 250-286-3122 or contact us.
Strathcona Park Lodge pioneered intergenerational programs in a wilderness setting more than 20 years ago.
While the program has changed slightly, the goals are the same: active seniors and their grandchildren visit the lodge for a exciting week of learning, sharing and fun. Discover new strengths, honour your potential, learn something new, listen to the dreams and fears of your grandchildren. Most importantly become closer to your grandchildren through shared experiences.
With one of Strathcona Park Lodge’s highly trained instructors leading the way grandparents and grandchildren will learn to climb a rock bluff, navigate the high ropes course and fly through the trees on a zip line. You’ll work together to paddle a canoe across the lake or start a fire. The week culminates with a canoe journey down the lake to idyllic False Echo Bay for a (optional) campout.
Read more about this program at www.roadscholar.org
This program is presented in collaboration with Road Scholar (www.roadscholar.org) and is for seniors and their grandchildren ages 9-14. Maximum 1 grandchild per grandparent. Children are accommodated in the same room as their grandparents.
The program includes accommodation, meals (from dinner on arrival day to breakfast on departure day), guided adventures and group equipment. Cedar chalet accommodation is double occupancy only, shared bathroom (up to 4 people), limited private bath. Smoking prohibited.
2014 Dates: August 17-23
Costs: $970 grandparent, $725 grandchild
Experience Strathcona Provincial Park from the water in a quintessentially Canadian way – by canoe. Paddle to a beautiful, secluded marine site, experience the simplicity of the outdoors, develop your canoeing and camping skills, explore old growth forest and refreshing waterfalls , be inspired by the beauty of the surroundings all with your own personal private guide.
$465 per person (double occupancy)
Included in this 3 day/2 night Canadian Canoeing experience is one night at the Lodge (lake view chalet room), two days/one night guided camping, Whale room meals and all equipment.
Discover the flora and fauna of Strathcona Provincial Park. Explore game trails and wildlife corridors of the pristine Tlools Valley, a hidden and little known section of the park. Walk softly and be awed by the beauty of the quiet forest, find and follow tracks of the big and small animals and birds that inhabit the park; experience a sacred window into the lives of animals.
$415 per person(double occupancy)
Included in the 3 day/2 night Wildlife Tracking experience is two nights at the Lodge (lake view chalet room), a day trip into the Tlools Valley, Chef’s table meals and all equipment.
Strathcona Park Lodge welcomes all types of organized groups and we’re excited to help plan an itinerary that meets your needs.
We’ve worked with sports teams, hosting team building and training camps. We’ve welcomed tour groups for customized outdoor adventures based out of our comfortable and healthy lodge. We’ve created unique wilderness expeditions to remote hiking and sea kayaking destinations. We regularly work with English as a Second Language (ESL) and international schools to create programs to complement learning objectives.
With over 50 years of experience working with all kinds of groups and clients, we’ve got the experience, facilities and infrastructure to work with almost any group. You get the group here and we will handle all the logistics.
Take a look around the site at some of our packaged vacation options and contact us for more details and customized options, 250-286-3122 or email.
Rock Climbing at Crest Creek – $335
- Climbing day trip for two at the local crags; meet your guide at 8:30am
- Included in package: packed lunch, all safety and climbing gear
- Not included in package: transport to the climbing crags
Whitewater Paddling on the Campbell or the Gold – $445
- Paddling day trip for two on a local river; meet your guide at 8:30am
- Included in package: packed lunch, kayaks, all safety gear
- Not included in package: transport to the river
*For beginner paddlers it is recommended to take an introductory day on calm flat water where you will learn paddle strokes, wet exits, rescues and more. Cost for this day is $285 which includes instructor, kayak and safety gear.
Overnight Canoe or Kayak Adventure – $595
- Overnight canoeing or kayaking adventure for two in the park; additional guests $60 per person
- Meet your guide at 9am for an orientation and to practice paddling skills, depart after lunch, overnight at a marine campsite in the park, return the next day by 5pm
- Included in package: three out-trip meals, canoe or kayak, all safety gear, tent, sleeping bag, sleeping pad
- Not included in package: on-site meals
Overnight Hiking Adventure – $595
- Overnight hiking trip for two in the park, additional guests $60 per person
- Meet your guide at 8am for an orientation and depart for the trailhead, overnight at a backcountry campsite in the park, return the next day by 5pm
- Included in package: four out-trip meals, all safety gear, backpack, tent, sleeping bag, sleeping pad
- Not included in package: transport to the trailhead
Multi-day Custom Adventures – Custom Pricing
- $300 per guide per day
- Maximum number of participants & guide ratios are activity dependant
- Safety gear, group gear, some personal gear included in the guide rate
- Specialized gear, meals and transport not included in the guide rate, additional charges may apply
Do you have something else in mind? Contact us and we’ll create a custom adventure for you with the same features as our other Alpine to Ocean Adventures: professional guides, modern equipment, extensive knowledge and great food.
Contact us by phone, 250-286-3122, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WYLD Summer Camps: multi-sport wilderness summer camps for teenagers.
COLT: a three month semester program for adults looking for a break from routine or to become a wilderness leader.
If your are booking large groups or are a tour operator please contact us at email@example.com and we will e-mail you a password protected page that has all the information for you.